Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Trivia Tuesday: Liar, Liar

Thanks so much to E. Elle at Writer's Funhouse for passing along this award to me! It's a great one, too: I have to divulge six lies and one truth about myself while you all try to guess which one is true. I'm going make them all London-related... just because I feel like it.

1. I went to a posh all-girls' school in Kensington but was 'asked to leave' after writing a series of anonymous articles exposing how much profit the school cafeteria made -- the headmistress found me out.

2. I have never driven a car, relying instead on Tubes and cabs. Who needs a car in London?

3. I can see Buckingham Palace from my window.

4. On my way to a job interview, I tripped down the stairs of the Tube, sliding to a stop at the bottom. People just stepped over me.

5. I once fell asleep on the Tube, got my wallet stolen, then had a nice bus driver drive me home on his double-decker, all the way from Canning Town.

6. I'm going to run the London Marathon next month.

7. My husband is a Hon. with inherited wealth.

Good luck guessing! I now pass the award on to the following creative writers (and my apologies if you've received it already!): Jai Joshi (born in London!); Patricia Stoltey (because her posts just make such good sense); Carol Burnside (because I love that she spilled wine on her computer! Wine!) and Susan Fields, because she loves coffee!

Thanks again to all the new followers and to everyone for all the lovely comments!

23 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I'm going to guess #2 is the truth. I have friends that lived in Boston, and they never needed a car.

    Those are some whoppers of lies, phew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to go with #2, also. Can't wait to see what's what!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your award! This is a fun one, especially with the London flavor. Oooh, I love that. I'm such a hopeless Anglophile. I guess that #3 is the false one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And clearly I can't spell, either, so let's try this again:

    Hehe - this one was so much fun! All will be revealed... tomorrow. *Cue the drums of doom*

    E Elle, I just realised I shamelessly copied a line from your post about the award - the bit how I've been working on my lies for the past few days... now, that *is* a lie, since I only got the award yesterday! So sorry about that, all down to laziness with cutting and pasting! Anyway, I've revised it now. An unintentional lie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hee... I'm going to guess #6 is the truth. Although I'm just taking a stab in the dark, here.

    Great post! Congrats on your award!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate to tell you Talli, you only gave us 5 lies and one truth. You need one more thing.

    But I'm going to say #4 is the truth. London is a lot like New York that way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I vote # 2. Congrats on your award. This Is such a fun one. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going to pick #5 as true just for variety. And because I always wanted a double decker to myself, and because I hope that if I ever got in such a fix, someone would be so merciful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi

    CONGRATULATIONS on your great award! Yay!

    I'm guessing no. 2 is the truth only because it is for me!

    LOL!!

    I'd like to think that you can see Buckingham Palace from your window though..

    :-)

    There are some great lies here because they all sound so, so true!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I choose #3 as your truth! Congrats on the Award to you and your fellow nominees ... a fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've no idea since I'm new here, but I can't wait to find out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your award and I'll guess number 2, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the award. What fun! I don't think 6 is true cause you'd have mentioned the training. No way would a bus driver have taken you all the way home so that's 5 knocked out. I'm guessing you have to have loads of money to be able to see Buck. Palace from your window so 3 is out. I'm going to go for 4. You took a Tube tumble. Fingers X I've got it right!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, everyone! Gah, I guess I have to add one more lie now. I can't count!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Seeing the castle from your window would be cool - so I'm going to go with that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww - thanks for the award! This is such a fun one, too! I'm going to guess your truth is #5.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i surely enjoy all your posting kind, very charming.
    don't give up and keep writing because it just truly worth to read it,
    excited to see much of your article content, thankx!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm sort of hoping for #3, personally. It sounds cool.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on the awards, Talli. I'm going to guess #4 is right because it's definitely something *I* would do!

    Cheers!

    P.S. I love that word--Tube. Us Americans should adopt it more often. Ha, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I studied abroad in London a couple summers ago and it was amazing! Not that Kansas isn’t or anything. I guess 5!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This was fun to read! Love the London theme.

    I think 2 is probably true.

    I would be most impressed if 6 were true! I also love 1, that should go in a story somewhere (if it hasn't already!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great guesses, everyone - thanks for chiming in!

    ReplyDelete

Coffee and wine for all!