Monday, May 07, 2012

Let 'Er Rip!


It's Monday! And today, we're celebrating the launch of Glynis Smy's debut novel, Ripper, My Love. Glynis has got to be one the loveliest, most supportive people out there, and I'm thrilled to be able to celebrate this day with her.

Here's a bit more about the book:

Growing up in late nineteenth century East London, Kitty Harper’s life is filled with danger and death – from her mother, her beloved neighbour and the working women of the streets.
With her ever-watchful father and living surrogate family though, Kitty feels protected from harm. In fact, she feels so safe that while Whitechapel cowers under the cloud of a fearsome murderer, she strikes out on her own, moving into new premises to accommodate her sewing business.

But danger is closer than she thinks. In truth, it has burrowed itself right into her heart in the form of a handsome yet troubled bachelor, threatening everything she holds dear. Will Kitty fall prey to lust – and death – herself, or can she find the strength inside to fight for her business, sanity and her future? And who is the man terrifying the streets of East London?


If you've ever thought historical novels are a little bit boring, you really must give this a go -- it's anything but dull! Combining fiction with reality, Glynis creates a story with plenty of twists and turns, along with characters you can't help but love or hate in equal measures. I enjoyed the strong, independent heroine who refuses to bow to convention and even sets up her own successful business. Using colourful language, the world of East London comes to life, and you can almost taste the fear and unease that wraps itself around this novel.A wonderful debut, and I can't wait to read more from Glynis!

Want to purchase a copy? Launch day price for the Kindle is 99c/77p and it's available here:
Amazon Kindle
Amazon.com Paperback
Amazon.co.UK Paperback & Kindle UK
The Book Depository UK (free delivery worldwide)
The Book Depository. Com
Barnes & Noble

40 comments:

  1. Talli, thank you so much for this wonderful review of my baby! With you behind me I couldn't fail. Hugs and thanks. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with your review! So happy for Glynis! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an intriguing tale. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! Good for Glynis!!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, everyone is talking about this today, I am gonna have to check it out! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw Glynis' book featured on another site and it sounds like my kind of book -- I am gonna buy it & read it for sure :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Semms a wonderful book I will order the paperback.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a great book! Here's to the author and the reviewer too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool. Sounds so romantic and suspenseful! Congratulations, Glynis!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck Glynis! I love historical novels and with Talli's support you will go far!! Best wishes, cat

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations, Glynis. It sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll copy Simon Cowell's "It's a Yes for me!" I absolutely love Glynis' writing style and enjoyed this book immensely. Congratulations, Glynis! All the best to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations Glynis. A wonderful review Talli!

    ReplyDelete
  14. YAY!!! I've already got my copy, and I'm currently reading THE BLIND CONTESSA'S NEW MACHINE--another historical novel based in fact that is just gorgeous and fun! Yay for historical making a comeback! *cough* since that's what one of mine is... *cough* LOL! ;p <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the heads-up, Talli. I just added Ripper, My Love to my Kindle.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So happy for Glynis!! Have a great week, Talli!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh, this looks chillingly awesome :) Definitely one to check out!

    Sarah Allen
    (my creative writing blog)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations Glynis! I'm putting it on my reading list right now!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Look at all these lovely comments. So supportive, thank you all. Virtual hugs and champagne all round! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Terrific review, Talli! Glynis, looks like you've got a good thing going!

    ReplyDelete
  21. William, I have the best mentor in town. I am so lucky! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Will make a great summer read!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Way to go Glynis - congratulations! I've just picked up my copy.
    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome review Talli. Book sounds great. Well done Glynis!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oo, sounds great! I'll have to check it out. :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. Good post. Sounds like a good book as well. I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Glynis is making a nice splash today! Good luck to her!

    And Happy Monday, Talli!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats Glynis! Can't wait to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congrats to Glynis, and to you Talli for a fabulous review! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  30. Well done Glynis - can['t wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I have to say this is one of the most gorgeous covers of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love stories set during this period - I'll be adding it to my pile :o)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Yay for Glynis! Her novel sounds (and looks!) amazing. Can't wait to read it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh, wow! Just look at the lovely comments! Thank you all so very much! My heart is full. Hugs X

    Theresa, I do love my cover. :D

    ReplyDelete
  35. Ooooh congratulations Glynis! I'm off to get myself a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Congratulations to Glynis! I've clicked through to Book Depository and Amazon Kindle....will be definitely buying as it sounds a wonderful story!

    Thanks Talli!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I'm sure it's going to be a ripper book.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  38. How awesome is this?! I'm currently reading a book that's also a twist on Jack the ripper! Once it's finished I suppose I should continue with the trend!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Coffee and wine for all!